4 Packaging: Reflection on Samosas


DSC_0371 DSC_0337 DSC_0255 DSC_0301 DSC_0321DSC_0232


In terms of applying everything we had learnt so far, this project wasn’t that challenging.
Except it was. Because languages can be treacherous. And forms make life harder. And colours.

Okay, the initial part of deciding how and where the type would be placed (and matching the typefaces) was simple. The Type Manual project came in handy here, because I was able to make a type system relatively easily and quickly. It was picking the colour scheme and the final tweaking that took much longer time. What made it more complicated was that I couldn’t decide my own type. If I needed and extra word to fill in a line, I couldn’t, because I don’t write malayalam, or hindi, or arabic. I was relying on many different people to get my type accurate and grammatically correct.

It was this repeating process of double checking the visual form of the type as well as the content and grammar of the type that was difficult, but was also a major part of what I learnt. That, and I had this feeling from the beginning of this semester but this project confirmed it, I’m pretty bad at picking colours. It’s really annoying that it took me as long as it did to pick my colours. What’s good is that I got their eventually. Eventually.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s