- Had to cleaning up illustrator files for extrusion (and vinyl cutting).
- you can only extrude closed shapes. Can’t have shapes overlapping.
- Even though I thought I cleaned up my characters:
- I still needed to get rid of white shapes that I had. (For the vinyl cutter to process them properly
- (I later made the ice cream cone’s white outline also ’empty’)
- Now I remember why I didn’t punch them out of the main body. I wanted to be able to alter the colors of for example the whites of the eyes.
- < all of these overlapping lines needed to be ‘merged’ (using pathfinder) into one shape. Didn’t do that earlier so that I could change the colours of the arms individually.
- ^ Accidentally merged the teeth out. Didn’t even notice until later since it looked like a normal smile.
- We were also told about the possibility of turning the characters into ‘colouring book’ characters. So:
- vinyl cutting versions as well as the colouring book versions of my favourite characters^^^
Using 123D sculpt (for intricate shapes)