I began to work with the images I took of my cousin. I fiddled with all of them in some way to figure out which would be the best to work with for a final:
^ In some images the lighting just wasn’t good.
^ I can’t imagine myself working with this viewpoint (it reminds me too much of my minimalist poster)
^ Couldn’t see this working either, I even tried taking it into Illustrator to turn it into a vector, just to see how it would look:
^ Not promising
^Back to photoshop, still not promising
I settled with this one and tried and prayed for something to work out:
Hit something interesting when I started experimenting with the magic wand tool and paths:
However the image was pixellated:
^ I tried doing various (random?) things to try and get rid of the pixellated look (like putting a stroke on a path). But that ended up in an ‘uneven’ look. Not sure how that makes me feel. I didn’t like it because it gave off pixelated or a microsoft paint look.
feathering and blurring felt like they would smoothen the edges, which they did by blurring
I didn’t want it looking blurred > because then it went back to looking pixelated!
I ended up making the edges smoother by using the refine edge tool and masking the areas that got selected.
^ Cleaned up the extra bits ^
^ tried simplifying the hair (without making it stop looking like hair)
^ This looks COOL. screenshot because it looked cool.
^ Made the lines thicker because I realised that they would print out very thin on a large scale.